- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds halibut steaks, bones removed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add halibut and thyme. Cook until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 10 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove and set aside.
- Add the remaining butter to the skillet. Stir in flour and salt until smooth; cook and stir until golden brown. Gradually add broth and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer half of the noodles, halibut, white sauce and cheese. Repeat layers. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 20 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 8 servings.